The value of a Managed Website
Content Management Systems (CMS) can be a great service for your business, but a CMS may not be suitable for every web project. If your business requires an online presence, but does not have a need for frequent updates, the extra cost associated with a Content Management System may not be justified.
A managed website may be a better fit for content that's not updated frequently; allowing your business to have an online presence, with static content that can still be updated on a semi-regular basis by a web developer.
Why choose a managed website?
Not everyone is a web expert, and that’s okay. Using a static, managed website for your business means you can offload the time and training required for updating your web content to professional web developers. The main benefits of running a static website and not using a Content Management System are:
- Cheaper costs than running a full CMS, as less computing and database power is required
- Semi-frequent content updates may be done by dedicated web developers as part of web hosting packages
- A limited time commitment for adding or changing the content yourself: let someone else handle the nuts and bolts!
- If you don’t make frequent changes to your site, you can avoid the extra cost
- If you have limited web knowledge or aren’t comfortable editing your website, you can lean on the experts
While a CMS is designed to be fast and efficient, sometimes the configuration and setup required may add to the overall web project costs. With this in mind, a managed website will let professional web developers turn your vision into a reality; your website is designed, built and maintained by us for you.
The choice between a CMS or managed website is most influenced by the amount of updates your website will require, and the time you have set aside to update this content. Choose a CMS if you have frequent content updates and you are comfortable with managing your own content. On the other hand, choose a managed website if you have infrequent updates or you would like to leave the nuts and bolts of managing your website to professional web developers.
Feel free to Contact Us to discuss options. We’re here to help!